Terms of Business
RESCHEDULING OF LESSONS
You are welcome to reschedule a lesson so long as you provide at least 24 hours notice. All you need to do is go online and reschedule your appointment – it’s quick and easy, the way it should be. We reserve the right to consider the Lesson cancelled and charge as set out below.
From time to time we may reschedule a Lesson at any time by giving you reasonable notice including by telephone, email or SMS.
CANCELLING THE LESSON
If you wish to cancel a Lesson, you must do so through Porterble Driving School online booking system.
Should you cancel a lesson with less than 24 hours notice then you will forfeit your lesson fee.
LATENESS AND NON-ATTENDANCE (NO SHOWS)
You acknowledge that:
- the Instructor has sole discretion as to whether a Lesson will commence or continue;
- the participation in a Lesson does not guarantee that you will acquire the necessary skills to pass any driving test;
- driving a motor vehicle is an inherently risky activity and there is the risk of significant personal injury or damage to property;
- we may record telephone calls received or made by us for training and quality assurance purposes;
- we do not accept any liability whatsoever for personal property that is left in a Vehicle or on our premises; and
- if you are not the Learner, you have made the Learner aware of these acknowledgements.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
Certain State and Commonwealth legislation, including the Trade Practices Act 1974 (Cth), imply warranties or conditions or impose obligations which cannot be excluded, restricted or modified except to a limited extent. These Terms do not purport to exclude any statutory rights available to you and must in all cases be read subject to those statutory provisions.
Except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law or which is caused by our negligence, our liability for any loss (whether direct or indirect), damage or liability whatsoever (including to a third party) which may be suffered in relation to the Lesson, is limited to the re-supply of the Lesson.
You agree to indemnify and keep us indemnified against any loss, damage, liability or costs whatsoever (including to a third party) in connection with:
- your breach of the Terms including the Learner’s Code of Conduct; and
- use of Your Vehicle for the Lesson.
This Limitation of Liability clause continues to have effect after this agreement is terminated.
If and when you are deemed competent by your Instructor, your Instructor may recommend you to sit a Queensland Transport Driving Test, however, We give no warranty or guarantee that you will:
- pass a practical driving test with a QLD Transport Driving Examiner; or
- pass any other equivalent State or Territory based test; or
- gain or develop the required skills to pass any driving test.
All prices and charges are in Australian Dollars (AUD) including GST as applicable.
This agreement is governed by the laws of the Queensland.